LETTERS TO DEPRESSION






Hello old friend,

I haven’t reached out to you in a long time. I haven’t felt the need. But I can never turn my back on you, because you won’t allow me to. I don’t know what it is about you, I could never wrap my finger around it. I could never understand why I keep you around. An obsolete reflection of everything I once was. That is all that you are. You poach my happiness, eradicate my soul and yet I still hold your hand every step of the way I go. 

You’ve trapped me in an unhealthy relationship, made me a prisoner to my own thoughts. When with you I only experience the bad side to karma. That’s just how it is. I want to move on. You don’t love me, in fact you’re slowly dismantling me but yet you won’t leave. It is down to me. Although I can’t turn my back on you, I won’t stand by you any longer. So please, don’t try to contact me, don’t think about me, don’t check up on me and I will never stroll down your path of life again. 

Oh Depression, all of my dreams are filled with flickering images of you slowly dying beneath my feet. 

Yours Faithfully,

An old friend.

Comments

Popular Posts