Hidden Good


There are times where I sit still, glaring at the walls around me and I think.
I think about how truly dissatisfied I am with this planet,
I think about how everybody around me is convinced their shit don’t stink,
My mind diving from one cynical thought to the next,
And as I sit and observe all the nausea we as humans have to offer,
I think.
I’m not happy, I’m so far beyond all the world’s promises.
I get overwhelmed with realisation, realisation of the fact that,
Death and pain is all that this world promises.
As my thoughts compete against my conscience, 
I remember how beautiful it was once.
Now I am steered by disgust for the present and longing for the past, 
My next thought is I want to end it. And fast.
To many it’s insanity or a cry for attention,
And many times my suicide attempts were that,
But this time I saw it as ascension.
I saw the evil on earth, 
The hatred you’re exposed to from birth.
I say to myself its better to be dead than here, 
                             But as I do, you overhear.                                     
And you stop me, despite how much I scream and shout and protest,
You stop me. And in that moment I see the some good in world,
A little flicker of hope. That people do care and our hearts aren’t cold.
I think about why all I have seen is misery, and I realise life is what I manifest.

Comments

Popular Posts